In Jo’s early years, she attended elementary school in Illinois before returning to Martin County. Having attended Murray Middle School, Martin County High, and Indian River Community College, her educational foundation is right here, in Martin County.
To further her passions after college, she joined the US Air Force as an air evacuation medic. After the Air Force, Jo furthered her education at Bethania School of Vocational Nursing and remained in Texas, as a hospice respiratory nurse in the home health industry.
After 17-years as a nurse, she returned home to Jensen Beach, and have owned, started, and managed a variety of local businesses. Health issues that ensued forced her into an early yet temporary retirement.
Jo’s commitment and passion for helping others continued with a variety of local causes including:
- Big Brother/ Big Sisters on the fundraising committee
- One of the original River Warriors
- A founding member of bullsugar.org
- A founder of Tent City Helpers a local homeless assistance organization
- Jensen Beach Christian Church food pantry